Professional and Organizational
Advocate for weight-inclusive models of care within your institutions—and help clients heal and reclaim Body Trust®
We work with professionals and organizations to explore how anti-fat bias and weight stigma are showing up and impacting your workplace and patient care. We can help your organization more deeply align with your values around inclusion through helping you adopt weight-inclusive practices and policies and changing conversations about weight and health.
Reconnect with your power to influence change
Learn to implement weight-inclusive, trauma-informed, and social justice-oriented care in your work.
Our Trainings are scientifically grounded and greatly informed by the following:
- Bobbie Harro’s Cycle of Socialization and Cycle of Liberation
- Barbara Love’s Liberatory Consciousness
- Desiree Adaway’s Praxis of Liberation
- Niva Piran’s Developmental Theory of Embodiment (DTE)
- Fat activism and weight inclusive models of care
- As well as intuitive eating principles, shame resilience theory, motivational interviewing, self-compassion theory, feminist therapies, mindfulness-based approaches, and postmodern therapeutic thought.
You will learn to:
Integrate practices that are informed by research and liberation-based healthcare
Elicit the innate wisdom and motivation your clients already possess
Understand anti-fat bias and weight stigma as a treatment variables
Develop a critical analysis of the dominant weight paradigm
Create size-inclusive spaces
Do you want to see
about weight and health
at your organization?
Transform the people within your organization from the inside out by shifting the way they see ALL bodies.
Let us facilitate one of our professional trainings for your team so your entire organization can experience the freedom that comes with trusting their body.
We are available to travel to your organization or place of business.
Organizations we have
Cascade AIDS Project/Prism Health
International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals
Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
Monte Nido Eating Disorder Center of Portland
Get tips to help you love your work more than ever
*fields marked with an asterisk are required